How to use the Lotus Vaporizer
- Adjust the lighter flame to a 1/2"-5/8" (12mm-14mm) length. See the video at http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxJitter1?blend=3&ob=0
- Load the bowl loosely with ground material. Rap the stem against a surface to settle the material. Do not tamp it down.
- Put the vapor cap on the bowl.
- Hold the Lotus to your mouth with the vapor cap facing up. Hold the lit torch almost vertical with the flame tip touching the center of the hot plate.
- Preheat the plate to a slow count of four and then start to inhale. Inhale slowly enough that if you were going to take a full breath it would take to the count of 10.
- Move the flame in a small circle at the center of the hot plate.
- Continue inhaling until your lungs are half full. (Clear the bowl of vapor by removing the torch for the last second.)
- Remove the Lotus from your mouth and fill your lungs with fresh air to prevent gagging.
- Note: The Lotus stops vaporizing as soon as you stop drawing on it.
Flame Length - The most important element to success is a 1/2" - 5/8" long inner flame; the distance between two points on the Lotus top plate
A Clean Screen - Make sure it is not clogged. Remove the screen with a pin or sharp knife and heat it with the torch to clean it.